Wednesday, October 15

Hockey Hottie Alert!

Early this month, my friend Ronnie went on a mini-vacation to Nashville to visit friends and have some fun. Ronnie, the genius that she is, got all the info on a Carolina Hurricanes vs. Nashville Predators pre-season game, and I was all about it! It's been too long since I'd seen an NHL game, and even longer since I really followed hockey for a full season, so I was definitely excited.

I was even MORE excited when I found FRONT ROW ON THE GLASS seats on Stubhub. Hello! Ronnie and I sat behind the Hurricanes bench for the entire game, and we had a phenomenal time. The home team lost, but it was action packed down to the last seconds. And, of course, I walked out of there with a new hockey player boyfriend!!!

Ladies, allow me to introduce you to Eric Staal.





That's right. Take it all in. Is this boy beautiful OR WHAT?? There's nothing I love more than a rough but sexy looking Canadian. And that first picture is his MUGSHOT! Who looks sexy in their mugshot?? Eric Staal, that's who! Eric was the 2nd overall draft pick in 2003, so he's a veteran who already has a Stanley Cup victory under his belt (The Hurricanes won it in '06, if you remember!). So yes, I'm very late to this party, but I've got my best dress on and I'm ready to shake it!

But wait, there's more! Eric has 3 NHL player brothers! HELLO NURSE! Next year, Stars and I will be spending Thanksgiving with the Staal family in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving on the second Monday in October, so we just missed it. Damn those Canucks, they do everything backwards! Sigh.

More on this and other hockey hotties as the season continues ;)

-boogie

No comments: