Friday, August 8

Brett Comes To Broadway



I could not believe my eyes and ears when Stars called me with the news! I turned on ESPN right away and there it was in black and white: Brett Favre traded to the New York Jets.

HOLY MOLY! It's so strange to see him in that green and white jersey! I do think this will be a great move for Brett. He can finish his illustrious career in a city that's worthy of him, and a damn good city, if I do say myself! If you can make it here, well, you know the rest. Congrats to Brett for finally making it through all this drama and finally getting a resolution that he's happy with.


All of the above was my opinion as a football fan and someone who respects the football icon that is Mr. Brett Favre. Below is my opinion as a Giants fan :)




WHAT THE HELL?!?! THIS IS BULLSHIT! The New York Giants are THE New York football team. Our city, our stadium. The Jets are coming off a total embarrassment of a season, while the Giants have claimed the greatest upset in Superbowl history. And yet, at the start of the preseason, because of this whole Favre thing, the Jets are what everyone is talking about! Frankly, I'm a little bitter. Brett Favre just walks into New York, schmoozes with the Mayor and thinks he own's the place. We Giants fans want to focus on A. what matters and B. what we do best, and that's PLAYING FOOTBALL. If the Jets want to compete for New York bragging rights, then let's do it.

It's ON Favre!


Wow, that felt good to get out. HAHA.

-boogie

No comments: