Thursday, December 18

Fantasy Football Championship



When Stars and I began our fantasy football adventure back in September, we had hopes of conquering our league and bringing home the Powder Puff Fantasy Football League Championship home to Ladies Locker Room where it belongs. Well, my friends, that day is upon us!

Stars and her team Karate Chops were eliminated from the playoffs, and they left it all up to me and my team, The Amazins'. I answered the call and after two tense playoff weeks, I made it to the Championship, which begins tonight when the Colts take on the Jaguars at 8:15pm EST.

Here's my line-up:

M. Cassel QB NE v ARI

A. Peterson RB MIN v ATL

S. Slaton RB HOU @ OAK

A. Bryant WR TB v SD

K. Walter WR HOU @ OAK

W. Welker WR NE v ARI

D. Keller TE NYJ @ SEA

J. Kasay K CAR @ NYG

Dolphins DST MIA @ KC 12/21

Reserves:


A. Rodgers QB GB @ CHI

E. Manning QB NYG v CAR

D. Williams RB CAR @ NYG

D. Hester WR CHI v GB

S. Moss WR WAS v PHI


I wish I had stronger WRs, but hopefully my elite RBs will pick up any slack. My opponent, West Harlem Pixies, is starting Jay Cutler at QB which makes me nervous A. because Cutler is having a damn good season and B. because he's playing the Bills this week and therefore he has the potential to have a GREAT game. (Sorry Alex, and all my buddies at McFaddens!) WHP is also starting LaDanian Tomlinson, Michael Turner, Anquan Boldin, Braylon Edwards, Greg Jennings, Jeremy Shockey <3, and the Bucs DST. I definitely have my work cut out for me, but I am confident I can come away with the win, the Championship, and most importantly, the bragging rights :)

Even if I come up short, I'm super proud of myself! This is my first time playing any fantasy sport, and I've made it all the way to the very end, leaving almost everyone else to eat my dust. 10 chumps down, one to go ;)

ITS BUSINESS TIME.

-boogie

No comments: