Monday, December 8

Boogie's First Attempt at Fantasy Basketball



I'm doing Fantasy Basketball on CBSSports.com this season, and our draft was last week. I couldn't think of a clever team name, so I just used ORANGE AND BLUE (Knicks and Mets colors, of course!) I managed to come away with the following players on my team:

Duhon, Chris PG NY
Ginobili, Manu SG SA
Rondo, Rajon PG BOS
Rose, Derrick PG CHI
Chandler, Wilson SF NY
Deng, Luol SF CHI
Millsap, Paul PF UTA
Randolph, Zach PF LAC
Lopez, Brook C NJ
Lee, David PF NY

Stevenson, DeShawn SG
Martin, Kenyon PF DEN
Dalembert, Samuel C PHI

Considering I had the 10th pick in the draft, I think I did pretty well. Yes, I'm super lame and I drafted my boyfriend. I don't care what you think about it. It was a very smart solid move and I stand by it. As a matter of fact, here's the report CBS issued to fantasy owners about David today:

Latest News: Knicks F/C David Lee had 19 rebounds in Sunday's game against Detroit, giving him nine straight double-doubles. He has had no less than 11 rebounds in any of those games.(Updated 12/08/2008).

Fantasy Analysis: Lee has seen a significant increase in rebounds and scoring since the team traded Zach Randolph away and he's becoming an elite Fantasy center in the process. Right now, there is no reason he should not be starting in any league, even in three-game weeks.


That's all I needed to hear! Keep up the great work, baby! Bring the fantasy points on home to mama ;)

More on my fantasy basketball endeavors as the season progresses. Tips are appreciated!

-boogie

No comments: